Saturday, June 22, 2013

Baby Scooter is 16 Weeks

This has been a pretty good pregnancy week. The last few weeks, I've begun to feel a little better. I still have my days when I'm nauseous, but they're getting to be fewer, which is really great. I've finally started feeling well enough to do yoga and work on the house again.
We had another prenatal appt this week. This one was much shorter, but we did get to hear the baby's heartbeat. That was pretty cool!! It's beating at a strong 150 beats per minute. And I made an appt for our next ultrasound in just 3 short weeks. We get to find out if we're having a Curtis Richard or girl name not yet chosen :) Isaac and I have both had dreams about the baby being a girl, although my mom still insist on the baby being a boy, so I don't know, but we are both really excited to find out!
Tonight, we're having our first date night that's more than dinner and us coming back and me falling asleep on the couch since I've been pregnant. One of our favorite places to go is the cinema cafe. Isaac's been wanting to see Man of Steel and I'm looking so forward to a cheese burger, so we're pretty excited about this!
Another awesome thing about the last few weeks, I had an ultrasound at the Keim Center last week. It was so cool to see how much baby Scooter had changed since the 10 week u/s. I could see the eyes and the mouth, the spine, the ribs, the arms and legs. It's still kind of surreal, since I can't feel the baby kick, but seeing the baby move was so awesome. We are so blessed already by this little baby :)
 How far along: 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 3lbs
Maternity clothes: I had to buy a pair of maternity jeans to wear on the plane to Mexico because I can no longer comfortably button any of my jeans.

Stretch marks: None. I bought this really good smelling stretch mark cream, so I'm hoping it'll prevent them.
Sleep: I sleep pretty good, but lately I've had really vivid dreams, an apparently I gave Isaac a bloody nose recently.
Best moment this week: Hearing baby Scooter's heart beat.
Miss anything: I still miss my morning cup of coffee. I have been enjoying a nice cup of coffee in the afternoons at the Keim Center, but our coffee maker is not making good coffee so I'm waiting till next month when we get a Kureg. Then I think I'll go back to that coffee.
Movement: None yet, hopefully in the next week or 2.
Food cravings: Pasta, I love pasta and homemade sauce. I've been smelling my sauce simmering all afternoon, can't wait to eat it tomorrow.
Anything making you queasy or sick: My dog's food, most mornings.
Have you started to show yet: I definitely can't deny the baby bump anymore.
Gender: We get to find out in less than 3 weeks.
Labor Signs: None
Symptoms: The nausea and vomiting are still there, but not as bad. Exhaustion, headaches and dizziness every now and then.
Belly button in or out: in
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time, although I have had a few emotional moments. Isaac is learning to handle those very well :)
Looking forward to: Our date night tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment