Friday, January 1, 2016

Christmas and New Year's with the Norman's

Year 2015 was a wonderful, chaotic, challenging, amazing year. We were blessed with a beautiful 2nd baby boy. I was able to finish my ultrasound training. We have been blessed to watch our fun-loving, wild little man grow into such a sweet personality. We've enjoyed our church and have really found family there. We've been blessed with an awesome babysitter for the boys. We've had friends and family visit and have been blessed to open our home to both. 
It's also been the hardest year thus far in our little life together. Isaac's schedule has it's challenges with some days going by that we barely see each other, but we are learning to work through that and make the most of the little time we have together. Adding a 2nd baby making me a mom of 2 under 2 was one of the most difficult challenges I've ever had to face. Learning to balance both babies, literally and figuratively, figuring out how Judah fit into our lives and God showing me so perfectly that, of course, he just fits right in, in the mess and chaos, but he does fit in. I battled post partum depression for several months after Judah, and God had to show me how to love my sweet baby during those darker times. 
God has shown me this year how much I need Him. Not just on Sundays. Not just when life is good, or not just when life is not good. He's made me desperate for Him. He's shown me that, in my marriage, in motherhood, in my work, I have to be desperate, constantly thirsting for Him, constantly seeking, constantly praying, trying to glean anything I can from any verse I happen to get a chance to read. He's shown me again and again how good and kind and sweet He is and how wonderful His grace His. He shows me new mercies every single morning. I am so thankful for His help to get through each day. So thankful that I don't have to do it alone on the days that I am physically alone, so thankful that Isaac and I don't have to do marriage alone, but that He's there when it's hard. So thankful we don't have to parent alone but God is there guiding us when I want to be lazy and not discipline or when I'd rather let the boys watch TV instead of play. I'm learning that it's all a process and one that I'm just beginning. 
I'm looking forward to this next year. It will come with it's new challenges. Isaac begins school in February. Hopefully I will begin work in April or May, if Judah will let me. We will officially have 2 toddlers in the next few months. And that's just the challenges we know of. I know God will walk with us through those, and probably many more and am looking forward to what He has in store for us.

A little about Christmas:
We went to visit my family. It was a fun trip, but not an easy one. Curtis doesn't do very well out of his environment and routine. Judah doesn't do well at all sleeping in a pack-n-play so it was challenging and exhausting, but so wonderful to see family and friends. Grandma got to come to dinner and it was so good to see her and spend time with her. I love watching Curtis get to know his cousins. He loves Taylor and Reegan so much. And I got a special treat, to have some kid free time with one of my very best friends, Brenna, while the husbands watched the kiddos. That was much needed since I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened for 4 years. We stopped to see Ben and Jess and Will on the way home and it was a much needed break from driving and always does my soul good to see my Jess.
It was a great trip and I'm so thankful we were able to spend Christmas with my family.

We've started letting Curtis cook with us some, in the hopes that maybe he'll start eating a little more


Curtis was pretty entertained my Isaac's Christmas gift

Curtis loves reading


He figured out the present thing

We were so excited when Isaac arrived and I was excited to see Isaac in uniform ;) I never get to see him in this uniform, but it was one of the things that won me over when he showed up at my place for our first date :)

We're raising a truck man

Curtis wound't sit still long enough, but I did get a good one of Judah

Christmas morning breakfast. That boy loves his bacon



I think Judah likes Reegan. She doesn't really enjoy being touched or hugged.

This is what Curtis does with doll houses

A brief cuddle moment for Jonathan and Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment