Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weekend with the Grandparents

Last week, my mom was here helping me while I "recovered" from my procedure. I have that in quotes because, praise God, the recovery has been pretty easy and not at all as extensive as what the doctors made it out to be. It's always so nice to have mom here. Curtis just loves her. There were several times where I couldn't get Curtis to take a nap that mom just took him, told me to go somewhere else, and I'd come back a few minutes later and he would be asleep, all cuddled up on mom. It was such a sweet sight. With mom being here, of course that meant dad had to come back. He just can't stand mom getting to spend time with Curtis without him here, and who could blame him?, Curtis is a pretty awesome kid :) Mom and I had plans to go to a friend's house the night dad came up, so we left Curtis with Isaac and dad. I expected to come home to him fussy and cranky from not nursing before bedtime, but no, Papa (dad), had rocked him to sleep and he slept really well. It was the first time (other than after surgery) that I didn't nurse him to sleep, which was a little sad for me, but I'm glad dad was able to rock him to sleep, I know that is one of his greatest joys, rocking his grandbabies.
It was nice to have them both here. I love getting to spend time with them both and I love that they are getting a chance to know their Grandson a little bit.
Today was Curtis' 4 month appointment (2 weeks late). It went pretty well, I got to meet his new doctor who is very nice. He did pretty good for the first part of the appt, but then was done very quickly with different people poking and prodding. He's up to 15lbs 3ozs and almost 26inches, which is awesome. He's gonna be tall and lanky, just like his dad. When I think about how little he was when he was first born, he fit perfectly inside the carrier that I wore and could easily snuggle up on us, his whole body on us. Now, his arms and legs are flopping all over the place when I wear him in the Moby and it's harder for him to get his legs comfortable when we're snuggling cause they've grown so much. But, I love that he's growing, I love that he's healthy. We're so thankful for that. One thing about these appointments, though, that I hate are the shots. We get them, we believe in them. We both think immunizations are very necessary but it just breaks my mama's heart when those needles go in and he screams bloody murder. And then spends the rest of the day screaming. He just, finally laid down for a nap. I am hoping it lasts for a while because I know the best thing for him will be to sleep through the sore legs.
Here are a few pictures with of Curtis with Yaya and Papa from the last few weeks












No comments:

Post a Comment