Sunday, March 2, 2014

4 Months


Our baby is 4 months old today! 
As I write this, he is taking his first good nap of the day. He is finally starting to take good naps most days. Every now and then, he'll have a day (usually on Isaac's duty day) where he will only sleep in his crib for 15 or 20 mins. Either I go in and he's fully awake, or he just really wants to be held so he goes right back to sleep as soon as we're sitting down in our chair. As difficult as those days are because I can't get anything done, I love those days. I love the naps where he is completely content laying on my chest, snoring quietly, lifting up his little head while he dreams. Those days are the best and I will miss them very much when he is too big to sleep in my arms. 
But days like today, days that he will take a good nap in his crib, I do enjoy those days as well. I never realized how productive I could be until I started working against the clock of a nap time. I can clean the kitchen, the bathrooms, sweep the floor and sometimes even do laundry in the 30 mins to an hour that he will stay down. Those are good days too. Those days help our house to not be a complete and total mess.
At 4 months, Curtis is really starting to interact with every one and every thing around him. A friend held him at church and every way she held him, he just kept turning in the other direction because he was afraid he would miss something on the other side. He wants to see and know everything that's going on. If I'm in a new place with him, there is no nap to be taken. He wants to look all around and will fight sleep for as long as possible so he can see all that he needs to. He's starting to enjoying tummy time more. I took the advice of my friend Brenna, and let him have his "screen time" for tummy time. I can now get him to lay on a boppy, watching our Kindle for about 5ish minutes before he completely breaks down, which is a huge improvement over the 30 secs he was doing. He's also beginning to sleep just a little longer most nights, which is wonderful. A lot of mornings he will sleep until 6:30, which means most nights I am back to sleeping about 8ish hours which I am so thankful for. About once a week, he still wakes up around 1 or 2 but other than that, the sleep is a huge gift. 
We have his 4 month appt in 2 weeks, so I'll find out then how much he weighs and how much he's grown, but I feel like he's grown a lot. He just seems so incredibly big when I look at him, he's almost completely outgrown his bassinet, so hopefully we'll have his room ready before that.

His "evil plan" face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment