Friday, January 16, 2015

22 weeks and a Trip to NC

So last week, I decided to take a trip, just Curtis and I, to NC to visit my family and tons of other people. Because Curtis came a little early, I knew this would be my last time really travelling so I had to make it worth the trip, so we stayed 5 days. That's a long trip by myself without Isaac. We missed him very much. Sometimes, it's easy to forget all the little things he does, and it's very easy to take him for granted, but when we're apart and it's me on my own with Curtis, I'm very quickly reminded just how involved of a husband and father he is. I couldn't ask for a better man.
Anyway, while the trip was hard without Isaac, it was also wonderful to be in NC with my family. Curtis is getting to the age where he interacts so well with almost everyone. He let dad rock him to sleep multiple times, which just made his week. He let mom put him back to sleep in the wee hours one morning and when we woke up, he looked up at her and smiled. He got a little jealous of Melissa holding Reegan, so he crawled right up in her lap. They had to compete just a little, which gave me a good taste of what May will look like. He had so much fun playing with Taylor, walking to her, falling in her arms. That was the most surprising, but it was such a joy to watch, made me wish I had video on my phone because it was so cute ;)
The last 3 days of the trip were super busy, but wonderful because I got to see most of my best friends and their sweet little ones. We traveled to see Ashley and her 3 week old Brooklyn on Monday. I had not seen her since I told her and Brandon we were expecting Curtis almost 2 years ago, so it was a long overdue, and wonderful visit. Brooklyn is so adorable, so little. I can't believe Curtis was ever that little. I just loved getting to hold her, and luckily Curtis let me with minimal fussing, but it took Netflix to bribe him into letting. On Tuesday, I got to visit with Juan and Brenna, Lucy and Prudence. Lucy just loved playing with Curtis, showing him all her toys. It's always so nice to catch up with Brenna and I look forward to hopefully one day living much closer so it's not months between visits. And then on Wed, as I was driving back home, I stopped for lunch at Jess' and got to see her cute little baby belly. Visits with Jess always do my heart good and are always much needed. I love that I have so many friends who are all due around the same time. Pregnancy is much easier to go through when you know you have support from your best friends and you know people who are dealing with the same issues, the same fears, the same symptoms as you. Talking about everything with Jess and with Brenna was much needed.
But, with all that said, it is good to be home. It was good to see Isaac, eat dinner with him, sleep in our own bed, for an entire night, I may add. Curtis is finally allowing me to sleep through about 3 or 4 nights a week, which is wonderful and I'm cherishing every one since it will be short lived before Judah gets here.



How far along: 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Last appt, total weight gain was 5lbs
Maternity clothes: I pretty much only wear maternity clothes and am dreaming of the day when I can fit back in to normal clothes again.
Stretch marks: None so far.
Best moment this week: Seeing all my closest friends (minus a few) , meeting Brooklyn, coming home to Isaac.
Miss anything: Judah allowed me to sleep on my belly for a lot longer than Curtis did, and I got spoiled. It's been about 2 weeks since it became too uncomfortable, and I really miss it.
Movement: I am consistently feeling little flutters and kicks. He really likes to kick my bladder. 
Food cravings: Pizza, always pizza. I have no idea why, but I have had it twice this week, so hopefully I'll be good for a while.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The only time I really get queasy now is if I wait too long to eat, but nothing in particular, although I stay away from things that I know will make me sick.
Have you started to show yet: I came back from Colorado and everyone at church said we were very obviously a family of 4 now, so yes, I have popped.
Gender: He's a BOY!!!
Labor Signs: None 
Symptoms: I'm starting to get out of breath more, and still a little nausea, but I think it's been about 2 weeks since I've thrown up. I'm hoping it stays that way.
Belly button in or out: It's flush with my skin, so it will probably be out soon.
Wedding rings on or off: on
Happy or Moody most of the time: I don't really feel like I'm that moody, I definitely have nothing to complain about.
Looking forward to: Laurie Beth and Steven's wedding tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment