Saturday, December 7, 2013

Happy Due Date, Baby Curtis

Thursday was Curtis' due date. He is finally full term. Isaac and I have had this discussion several times about how old Curtis is. While he is now 5 weeks old (or will be in 5 hours), I have referred to him in his gestational age up until 2 days ago. When he was 36 weeks, that's what I called it, while Isaac called him 1 week old. I did that because, as the weeks went by, he was still developing like he would still in the womb. His nervous system was still developing, so his breathing was still uneven, but has begun evening out as the weeks went on. And his eating is much better, still not perfect, but the closer he got to his due date, the better it got, and is still getting better every day, thankfully.
This week, we had his 1 month appt and Isaac went back to work, so I had my first 2 days with Curtis by myself. The appt went well, he's been gaining about an ounce a day, so he's up to 8lb 2oz which is awesome! So even though he still doesn't like to breast feed all the time, he is eating and gaining weight, so we're pretty excited about that. Our 2 days without Isaac were uneventful, thankfully, although we missed Isaac very much. He had duty yesterday, which means he was on the ship for 24hrs. It was the first night we spent away from each other in over weeks, so the first night I had with just Curtis and I in over 2 weeks, and even then, mom was here to help. The day was pretty good, I actually got out some and did the errands I needed without Curtis screaming too much, although he got hungry in the car so my friend, Karlie got to hear his wonderful scream, saying "Hello" to her :) The night was actually good too. We're working on weaning Curtis off the bottle so he can solely nurse, and I can stop pumping every 3 hours, so there was a lot of screaming, but most times, he only took an ounce from the bottle and then nursed from both sides, so that is such an improvement over just a few days ago, which makes me pretty excited!
Here's a few of Curtis' 1 month pictures:

This particular idea didn't work out very well, I had wanted to use Christmas ornaments from our tree and him be just in his diaper, but he did not like that at all, so we stopped.

After calming down some, I was able to get just a few pictures of him not screaming...

But most of these pictures looked like this, which I love, but he will probably hate me for these pictures some day.

These are probably my favorite. I've seen the idea on pinterest, and was pretty excited that Curtis came before Christmas so I could get some like this. Luckily, he slept through the entire photo session.




No comments:

Post a Comment