Saturday, August 25, 2012

Adventures with 3:16.

A few weeks ago, I was able to travel with out youth group to Camp Willow Run in North Carolina as their camp nurse. 
 I was told before I left that I was going as just a precaution, and mostly to give out medications if needed, but otherwise, they didn't suspect that I would really be needed as a nurse.  I don't think I'll ever believe that if I'm told again.  One of the lessons I learned was that if a nurse is there, a nurse will be needed.  The kids(and counselors) kept me very busy in the 3 days that we were there.
Nonetheless, it was some of the best 3 days of my summer. We have an exceptional group of teens at our church.  I enjoyed, so much, getting a chance to get to know some of them.  I was very impressed with how they led worship, prayed for each other, included everyone, and all around, seemed to be on fire for the Lord. 
The three days we were there were filled with tons of fun stuff for everyone to do.  There was canoeing, a high ropes course, archery, volleyball, soccar, a lake to swim in and the red shark...although i was not a fan of the red shark because that was what kept me pretty busy on Thur afternoon. We also had group devotions every morning, morning and evening worship(which I loved), camp olympic games every morning, and all ending with the big skit night, which I got to be a judge for.  The skits were very imaginative and creative!  I laughed most of the night while watching them. 
All in all, it was a wonderful few days! I hope I get to join them again next year.
Here's a few of the pictures from the week.















2 comments:

  1. Love your pics! Sorry for not getting yours earlier for the slideshow, but i've had some problems over here with my pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fine. I can't wait to see all yours!

    ReplyDelete